Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India. A distinguished scientist and aeronautical engineer by training, Dr Kalam was presented an Honorary Doctorate of Engineering from the University of Sydney in 2011 in recognition of his contribution to the profession. The Dr Abdul Kalam International Undergraduate Scholarship celebrates his commitment to education, and his endeavours to support outstanding students to develop as future leaders.
The scholarship is:
- Open to all international applicants who have an offer of admission for an undergraduate degree program in the Faculty of Engineering and IT at the time of submitting a scholarship application.
- Have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification or an international senior secondary qualification accepted by the University with an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of at least 98 or equivalent.
The scholarship shall be awarded based on academic merit as determined by the Faculty Selection Panel.
The scholarship is valued at 50% of the tuition fees for a maximum of one year of the undergraduate program subject to satisfactory academic performance deemed to be a minimum of credit average (65%) each semester. The recipient will be responsible for paying the balance of the tuition fees while enrolled in the program.
The scholarship cannot be deferred and is not transferrable to another Faculty or university. Scholars must not hold an equivalent scholarship simultaneously.
Successful candidates will be informed by:
- 28 June 2013 for Semester 2, 2013
- 17 January 2014 for Semester 1, 2014
Applicants must complete an online scholarship application, and submit their most recent Year 12 results and admission letter of offer to the Scholarships Officer by the scholarship closing dates:
- 14 June 2013 for Semester 2, 2013
- 6 January 2014 for Semester 1, 2014
Applications without a valid offer of admission will not be considered.
Pep Prodromou Scholarships Officer
Faculty of Engineering & IT
PNR Building (J02)
The University of Sydney NSW 2006 Australia
T +61 2 9351 8155
F +61 2 9351 7082 firstname.lastname@example.org