The Asian Development Bank (ADB) – Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) was
established in April 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan. It
aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s
developing member countries to pursue postgraduate studies in economics,
management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at
participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. The
ADB-JSP enrolls about 300 students annually in 20 academic institutions
located in 10 countries within the Region.
Department of Economics, National University of Singapore is one of
institution participating in this ADB-JSP scholarship program.
Below is program offered:
* Master in Social Sciences (Economics)
The ADB-JSP provides full scholarships for one to two years.
* full tuition fees
* a monthly subsistence and housing allowance
* an allowance for books and instructional materials
* medical insurance
* travel expenses
The scholarship is for one year with an extension to the second year of
study, as appropriate, which shall be conditional on the scholar maintaining
a satisfactory level of performance as determined by the institute. The
maximum duration of scholarship award is two years for masters and doctorate
* A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries
that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP
* Gained admission to an approved post graduate course in any of the
participating academic institutions. (Department of Economics, National
University of Singapore)
* A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
* At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience
* Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to
* Not more than 35 years old at the time of application.
* In good health.
* Should agree to return to his/her home county after completion of studies
under the Program.
* Staff of participating academic institutions are not eligible for the
* Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB,
consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the
* Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of the
other international organizations are not eligible for the Scholarship.
* Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country
are not eligible for the Scholarship.
Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute
to the economic and social development of their home countries.
Or you can also visit ADB- Japan Scholarship Program’s website at
www.adb.org/jsp for more detail information about this program